Wednesday 30 March 2011

Printing

When I print my final major project, I want it to have a high standard finished appearance.

I went into Fovia in Bourne and spoke with the man who will print my book for me. I felt that I should find a local print house and work this in and around my time plan for my project.
For him to print my book I will need to take it in on a memory stick in PDF format and preferably in 'page spread' formats. It will cost me 75p for a page of A4 to be printed so it will work out relatively cheap for the production. There is no set amount of pages needed for my book to contain or a set amount of time for printing as he uses Duplex printing and will take about 6-8 minutes to print my book and to hold my book together it can be stapled or wire bound together. For the front cover I can have my design printed onto paper up to 300gsm.

Looking at my time plan, I am on week 6 and currently up to date with my plan, over the next 5 weeks I will produce and develop my VW Beetle book and on week 11 I will take it to Fovia's in-house printing shop and have it printed up ready for week 12 where my final piece will be put on display.

http://www.fovia.net/office/commercial.php )