Wednesday 4 May 2011

My Designs

This post is a selection of my images that I produced in Illustrator. I am really happy with the effects and the overall appearance, I love the colour scheme and how they work together both as a set and as individuals. 

The process: 
  • Trace images from 'Volkswagen Beetle' book onto tracing paper
  • Scan into the Mac and import into Photoshop
  • Unlock the layer and use the magic wand to leave just the outline
  • Draw around the outline of the car with the pen tool
  • Import into Illustrator
  • Use the Live Trace and Live Paint tool to produce desired effect
I found the technique quick, easy to use and produce and simple to do, I really like the final appearance of each of these images, although I haven't used them in my FMP, I did learn more about Illustrator and will be using this technique for future projects as it is very flexible with what you can do and produce through it.






These two images are part of a set as they work well together and the effects of both of them stand out strongly. I really like the soft black strokes as they contrast against the pastel colours. I like the shape of the objects also as they would be great for leading the eye of the audience in a particular direction.



These two images would be great for placing behind quantities of text at a low opacity as it would add more interest to the page, I could also position them to break up the content and create a text wrap around them, this would give direction in my text and would be a way to lead the reader through the page.


This image would work great with particular content of text if talking about the speed of the Beetle or the economically aspects of it, I want my imagery to relate to the text on all pages and I feel that this could show it effectively and in a different media.


I feel that I could use this image and the front of the Beetle as an opening and closing page to my book, it would give the impression that we start at the beginning of the Beetle, learn about the inside of it and its life and then end with the last part of a Beetle.