Thursday 24 March 2011

Simon's Cat

This post follows on from my Wallace and Gromit post. I really like the Simon's Cat books and I love the way in which Simon Tofield illustrates his books and has created a range of funny, interactive video clips. I feel this is relevant to my project as I want to include illustrated elements within my brochure and I like the style in which he designs his and feel I could use a similar technique, it is simple, fun and very effective.











These are just a few images that I have selected from his book, it clearly shows his design style and the simplistic effects that he uses to create a successful illustration series.








These are a couple of videos that I have found on YouTube, I feel that this strengthens the brand identity of Simon's Cat and appeals to the target audience and allows them to engage with the book further.