Tuesday 15 March 2011

Moodboards

These are a series of moodboards which I have produced by using a range of images. I have created four moodbaords as an initial starting point for my project research. I really like the overall feel that I have achieved on the moodboards as I want my final brochures to have a very run down, grunge feel to them with a sketch like appearance where appropriate in some places to work alongside my imagery.  



This is a moodboard which focusses on adverts and posters produced by VW. I wanted to create and build up the feel and appearance that VW brand their identity as and how they link their text and images up with one another in a way to connect with their target audience. This also allows for me to see the type of target audience that VW have and aim to appeal too.



This is a moodboard that shows a range of different car brochure layouts. Later on in this blog I will create a post that will explore in depth brochure styles and layouts more and I will include a range of the car brochures that I have and I feel are effective and would be suitable for my project to influence me in the design process.
In this moodboard I really like the old, run down imagery within the layouts as I feel that it looks visually more appealing and has a stronger connection with the viewer.


This is a page that I put together so that it aims itself towards the illustrative techniques that I could use and overlay on my images, I want my brochure to have visual elements within it that are very powerful and striking. I feel that illustrations using line work well with my topic of these two chosen cars as it adds the feeling and appearance of the car ageing and this will be a strong technique to help create an ageing process from the old to the new throughout my brochures.


This is a moodboard based around the style, I feel that the imagery I have included here is very successful and it has captured the right feel and overall look that I want to incorporate into my brochure as the images are very old and run down, and I feel that strong photography like this is going to reflect upon the audience the age factor behind these cars.

These moodboards have been successful as they have spiralled off many more creative ideas and inspiration that I could explore and look into within this project and has given me an idea as to what I want my brochure to look like and include within.