Friday 25 March 2011

VW - The New Beetle Cabriolet Brochure

This is a brochure designed for the New Beetle Cabriolet. I feel that it is quite a successful design as it is compact, and a fun and innovative way to advertise the launch of their soft top Beetle.


Front and back cover

I feel that this is rather plain for the front and back cover but the idea of just the soft top part of the Beetle is quite successful with advertising the launch of the new Beetle and ties in well with their advertising element that allows the audience to engage with the brochure and emphasises the point and what's so good about having an open top Beetle.



This is a card that is sectioned into three which has plastic windows with relevant images on that tie in with pages in the brochure. I feel this is very successful and it is strong at engaging with the audience. It works by associating each page with the time of day and if you were to have the VW Convertible, this is what you would see. This is innovative and creative and I feel it is very strong at persuading the audience and is quite witty too.


I like the layout of this brochure, how on each page they use the level from the wing mirrors to divide the page up into the sections of the sky and text spacing, this is successful as it emphasises what you would see with the hood down and it also works with the fold of the brochure, I think this is quite sophisticated and has been well thought about within the design.


The colours used are very contrasting and the space within the layout is strong and works well with the text. The text itself works well within the layout, it is clear to see and read and allows the eye to still move around the page easily.


The brochure leads you through the time of day and I feel is overall very successful with how it has been designed together, I feel that this is a very successful brochure for VW and it reflects how the modern Beetle is using modern design techniques, I feel I could include elements similar to this within my brochure when talking about the new modern range of Beetles.