Monday 21 March 2011

My Photography

This post shows a selection of my own personal photography, I feel that I could edit and cut out the Beetles in these images and apply them to pages in my brochures to add detail to them and interest, I could also link it in so that it relates to the text and sit behind them.



This is a photograph in the woods, I applied an antique and sepia effect to this image, I really like the sun through the trees as it is very strong as it creates contrasts and shadows. I like the colour effect of this image, I want to apply this colour scheme to my brochure layout as I feel it shows ageing and time within it.

 These images I captured from Santa Pod at a Bugjam festival. The festival was aimed and targeted around VW Beetles where there was a large collection of Beetles, all different colours, years, ages, decals, effects, textures and styles. They also had Beetle races down the 1/4 mile drag strip, this allowed for people to trial out their cars and race against one another to test the performance and speed. The day was really good and it created a very positive and fun atmosphere.


Link to the official Bugjam website.


I like the appearance of this bug as it shows how they can be transformed from something old into something new and exciting. I could include a series of these images to show how people take advantage of the potential that the Beetles have.






I like the orange bug and the interior, I really like the interior of the bug too as it is very retro and cool. I could incorporate the stripes on the seats into my brochure.



This Beetle was completely modified as it was one of the main 'must watch' of the entire day. It was a jet powered Beetle which could reach extremely fast speeds and was a great sight to see and experience. I could talk about the limits that people are experimenting with by the use of these cars and this would also bring in the modern element into the brochure and bridge the gap between the two.


I really like this image and I feel that I could edit it so that it has more of an antique and rustic appearance. I feel that I could included this on one page within my brochure and add text to explain the image and link it in with other content.

I fell I could produce this image in black and white and include it in my black and white section within my brochure, I like the smoke effect and could edit this within Photoshop.


I really like this Bug as it is very classic yet elegant. I feel it is appropriate to relate and include in my research but I feel that it would be hard and not successful to include within my brochuire as the feel I get from the appearance of the image doesn't flow with the mood that I want my brochure to have.