Wednesday 30 March 2011

Page Layout Design (Sketchbook)

This post shows a wide range of layout designs that I have created and drawn out in my sketchbook. Here, I can easily see which ones I feel are my strongest designs and develop them into more suitable outcomes for my brochure layout.






These are pages that I have drawn up specifically for each page, I used the positioning of text and imagery when I was creating the pages as I felt it worked successfully and I found that it made creating them on InDesign a lot easier and time effective. I have also talked about the content and how many words for each page I felt that there would be.




This was my initial idea for my front cover - to have sections of the different Beetle's from the different years and create one bug as an image, I felt that this would look effective and strong, however, when it came to choosing a front cover, it wasn't appropriate and didn't work for the theme and style of the rest of the book.


This is my above initial ideas put into design, I feel that it looks and works very strongly but is slightly to modern for my book.


This shows ideas for which orientation works better, portrait or landscape.




These pages were quick drawings of how many pages are going to be in my book and how I could lay the designs for the content out so that it flows from page one to the last page with an effective arrangement of images, text and white space.


This is a page of imagery that I felt I could use to place in between headings for the different pages, I feel that the idea is effective but it isn't suitable for my book style.


This is an image of my lino cut which I drew onto to produce prints for my experiments.