Friday 25 March 2011

Inspirational Typography


I like the colouring of the background and the dirty feel that it has applied to it, I want to try and achieve this look on the background pages of my brochure as I feel this will be very strong and relate well with my VW Beetle topic. I like the cut out writing and the tight leading as it males it feel very fresh and modern and contrasts against the grunge feel strongly.


Black and white looks effective and simple, it makes the design feel more sophisticated and gives out a certain feel to the design.


I love this image and how it has been created, it is very experimental and I feel that it works very strongly. The words and the positioning of them have been chosen carefully and positioned so that the shape of the letters create the image of the bull. The colour scheme works very effectively and I feel that the overall design has been well thought about. I could create a piece similar to these colours and create it so that it forms into the shape of a VW bug. I think that if I were to create a range of images produced in this way, it would make the inside content of my brochure look very strong and effective.


I like the fact that this is creative yet restrained with simplicity at the same time. I feel that it is slightly dull for my project but I like how they have transferred this design onto the front cover of a book and used a wrap around.


The colour scheme, the texture on the letters and the size of the text pulled me into this design. I could use elements of this within my brichure for headings or certain sections, this will make my pages look far more design aware and more thought about.


The composition and arrangement of text and geometric shapes are very effective and appear modern and contemporary. I love the colour scheme as it is calm and natural, I like the middle of the poster and how it connectws the two halves together. I really like the typeface choice and the tight leading, I feel this is very strong and interesting to read and has been positioned well with the space around it.


I like this layout as it is very busy and set out in a certain structure. I like that it looks crowded yet at the same time it is still quite legible. I feel that this layout is probably more suitable for a menu design and isn't that appropriate for my brochure DPS's. I think I need to research into more suitable and experimental layouts which I could use to help influence me and my DPS layouts as I want them to look very strong and effective so that it gives the brochure a very professional and well thought about feel and finish.


I love the appearance of this image and how the designer has used block printed text to produce a visual image. I love the colour scheme as it is strong and effective and I feel it really appeals to their target audience. I think that I could produce this finish very similarly by using printed block text to create the image of a VW, this would look very strong and effective on a DPS and it would appeal to my target audience and keep the design of my brochure very contemporary and give it a direction to follow.