Friday 25 March 2011

Racing legends - Classic Cars - Black and White

This is a booklet that I have scanned in and it has been specifically produced for Racing Legends of Classic Cars. I love the overall design of this brochure and how it has all been produced in black and white, I feel this is going to be a strong influence to my project as I feel a black and white section within my brochure might be a strong element to help show time and the overall ageing factor. I like the consistent layout throughout this brochure of having the images on the right DPS and the text in the same two column layout on the left DPS, I also like how they have aligned the text so that it sits tight to the centre line.



Front and Back Cover

This is the front and back cover, the image is strong and the use and positioning of the text works well with the given space and creates a strong hierarchy around the image.
The back page gives information on the master Grand Prix driver and the text in the box is information about the designer and writer of the brochure. The overall feel of this design is strong, clear and easy to read due to the strength of both the typefaces and leading.


DPS 1


DPS 2


DPS 3


DPS 4


DPS 5


DPS 6


DPS 7

Overall, I love this brochure, I love how it has been designed, you can tell that the leading, typeface choices, arrangement of each page and layout has been carefully thought about. I love that it has been printed in black and white as I feel this relates and reflects the drivers, the age of the cars and drivers and the style of racing that it talks about. 

I like the information which has been included and how this has been positioned with the name of the driver, information about them in italics and then talks about their life with cars. The space on each DPS has been used very successfully and the hierarchy on each page is very strong and works well throughout the brochure.