Tuesday 24 May 2011

Exhibition

My Final Major Project will be shown on the 14th June 2011 for one night, between finishing my project and handing it on the 31st May 2011, I will need to plan out and organise the appearance of my board and work for the exhibition.

I want my stand to have a certain appearance to it and within that time I will need to plan it around time so that everything is ready for the showing -

Time Plan

25th May - Order a VW Beetle off of Amazon (above is the image of the Beetle I will be ordering)
25th May - Print out a large VW template and ask the technician to make me one out of wood
31st May - Hand in Sketchbook
5th June - Sand and apply prima to my VW badge
6th June - Apply blue spray paint to VW badge
6th June - Take my book and posters to the printers
7th June - Collect my finished book and posters from printers
8th June - Paint my board white
8th June - Measure up for a shelf to be built
8th June - Mount work up on foam board
9th June - Mount VW Badge
10th June - Write up a short paragraph about my project

31st May - 14th June - Final Professional Print of  'A Bug's Life' on a plinth
14th June - 6pm - 8pm - Exhibition

Above is a rough, approximate time plan, it gives me an idea of what I need to have done and by when within the short time period.

I want my exhibition stand to consist of a VW badge mounted upon the wall alongside a selection of my four best DPS's which will all be mounted onto foam board.
I will place my final book on a plinth on the shelf alongside my VW Beetle car, I will also write up a paragraph about who I am, what the purpose of my project is and why I chose the topic.
I feel this will look simple yet sophisticated and it won't draw any attention away from my FMP, but it will make it stronger and emphasise what the purpose of my project was.

This is my drawn out VW badge onto wood, I will ask the technician to cut it out for me and then I will paint it, ready for mounting on my board.

THe technician cut it out for me, I then sanded it down until it was all smooth on each surface, I then sprayed it with Prima which will seal the wood for when I spray paint it.


I really like the finish of it with just the prima on as it has a matte finish which I feel reflects the style of my brochure and the VW strongly, also it will stand out strongly from the exhibition board, however I feel that spray painting it will make it stand out more effectively and give it a better finish.


I applied a couple of layers of blue spray paint, it looks really effective,bold and has a metallic finish and sheen to its appearance. This will look and work strongly from off of the white exhibition wall, I think that this will work well alongside my range of posters and final book.




These are my favourite two exhibition board layouts that I have drawn up in my sketchbook. I feel that I will use the one on the RHS as it is clearer and more compacted.